We are dealing with Coronavirus by continuing to see patients in our office.
- We must stay open, or patients with skin problems will go to the emergency room, and overwhelm the ER staff with non-Coronavirus related issues.
- In addition, those patients would be putting themselves at risk of infection in a crowded emergency department.
We have always been vigilant about cleaning, sanitizing and hand washing. But we are currently adding additional strategies to minimize the risk.
- We are continuing our normal hours, so that appointments can be distributed to avoid concentrating too many people in the office at any one time. We have also instituted new procedures to minimize wait times and ensure that you will be able see Dr. Eastern as quickly as possible.
- If you have traveled outside the U.S. recently, or have a fever or any flu-like symptoms, or have had contact with others with fever or COVID-19 symptoms, please do not come to the office for your appointment. Call us at 973-751-1200 to reschedule for 2 weeks in the future.
- Please limit visitors joining you to parents/guardians accompanying a minor and companions needed for transportation, communication, or personal care.
- Our staff members will not be permitted to work if they are running a fever or have any respiratory symptoms.
- The waiting room and all examination rooms and common areas will be cleaned regularly throughout the day. All magazines have been removed; we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the office, and hand washing is encouraged in our exam rooms and bathroom facilities.
- Telemedicine services are currently being established, now that the government has authorized them. You will be able to use them going forward, if you wish, for certain types of visits.
We will continue to monitor the situation, and we are here to assist you as needed.